Sunday, May 15, 2016

Update

I have to apologize for the obvious gap between posts. Senior year has kept me quite busy, as you can see. What with AP courses, the school musical, softball, and a million other events that I had to help with or participate in, I have had very little time to myself this year.
As I left off in the middle of NaNoWriMo when I last posted, I would just like to go back and mention that I did, in fact, win for the 5th year in a row. This past NaNo was probably one of my most difficult to get through. Boy of My Imagination had a very different feel to most of the stories I write, so I found it challenging to overcome when the going got rough. I managed to push through it, however, and my end word count was 54,321 words, which finished both my novel and my NaNoWriMo. The last fourth of the book or so was actually fun to write, and the ending was a mix of relieving and bittersweet.
Since NaNoWriMo, I have done next to no writing aside from schoolwork. I've played loads of music and read a lot, but it's very difficult to spare time to write in my busy schedule which seems to consist of nothing but schoolwork and extracurriculars. So forgive me for having very little to say.
Recently, I've been attempting to plot out a story, but I've kept getting stuck on pieces of worldbuilding. Needless to say, it's been moving at a snail's pace, but hopefully, now that AP exams are over, it will be able to speed up a bit.
I'll try to keep updating, but I can't promise anything regular with my strange schedule.

-Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment