Thursday, June 2, 2016

English Assignment

I'm just over a week out from my graduation, and I only have four days of school left, consisting mostly of final exams. So, naturally, my English 12 teacher decided to give us one more assignment before our exam instead of actually talking about what will be on our exam.
I would usually be pretty mad about this, but given the assignment, I think I'll manage just fine. Our teacher recently visited London with a class of hers, and one thing that really struck her was the idea of leaving something behind after we've left. So she decided to give us this assignment: write a short story/poem/essay that will somehow incorporate your views of the world.
Most kids were groaning, because of course to most people that's a dry and terrible assignment to get. But ever since first period this morning, I've been mulling over ideas to start in on tomorrow. I like being able to show off stuff that I'm proud of. In music, performing is one of my favorite things to do, and similarly, I like having people read what I write (given that I'm not present and they're not reading it aloud).
Anyways, it's just something that I hope will be able to help me get started on writing again, especially now that my time is freeing up. Already, I have more short story ideas than I need, so I'll have something to work on over the summer.
Maybe I'll post the piece I've written when it's finished. Maybe not. It depends on how it all turns out. But I should probably work on it sooner than later, because I have a busy weekend.

Until next time.
-Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment